Monday, July 30, 2007

New TX release

Palm TX linux rootfs was quite old and it didn't support new features. So I tried Marex's Technology Preview. With Marex's cooperation, I modified it to work on TX too and updated it with new Opie features (mostly did by Marex). So what's new in this rootfs?


  • Opie 1.2.3 + some features that will be in 1.2.4

  • Bluez 3.12 to support bcm2035 natively

  • Whole image is compiled with iWMMXt optimization which means using full power of PXA27x

  • Fully functional Bluetooth and Irda applets.

  • Konqueror Embeded web browser.

  • CPUFreq applet to control speed of your CPU (you can overclock your Palm from GUI, isn't it cool?)

  • Other nice Opie improvements.

You can get it as usual on my web site

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've tried it today on my TX and I'm really excited with the result :)

I really hope the wifi driver is created soon and then a way to flash it on the TX's memory!

Unknown said...

I've used several versions of your testing for TX, and have not been able to get BT to work AT ALL. As well, on this newest, system hard-locks randomly and repeatedly. Size of download did not match, but md5 did. Any hints?

|miska| said...

BT has to be off in PalmOS before booting Linux. Size is computed by script using du -h output, so it should match (maybe some bytes depending on used filesystem)...

Carlos Bandiera Paiva said...

Real nice version, but like psharmor I couldn't get BT and sound to work on my TX as well as the frame border (I'm using Sep-26-2007 version). Is there a comprehensive HOWTO to configure this?
Something I noticeced in my tests is that if I configure auto-suspend, an manually suspend th TX, when I try to bring it up again after a long period it hangs