Thursday, July 5, 2007

Image selector, part 2 ;-)

I did it. When no one believed in my developing skills... Ok, that was for fun, now let's talk about something more serious. As I mentioned before (in my previous post), I was thinking about writing interactive image selector purely in shell. So job done ;-) Many thanks to kEdAR who prepared busybox for me (I needed some usual shell utilities which wasn't included in my old ramdisk). So how does my image selector work? After loading ramdisk and configuration file from SD/MMC Card, it shows you what configurations you can choose from. Also it marks one of them as selected one (first configuration from your list). If you press enter, it will choose next one. When any configuration became marked as selected, you've got several seconds to change your mind. If you don't press enter during that period, selected image will be loaded.You can specify different SQUASROOT and ROOT for each of your choices. I hope it will be enough.

I nearly forgotten to mention where you can get it. As usual, you can get it from my pages (it's in squashfs-lzma now) and you can also get there documented example of configuration file. And last thing to add, screenshot ;-) It's taken on PC, but it looks same on Palm ;-)


No comments: