Tuesday, April 22, 2008

LinuxExpo 2008 - results

LinuxExpo (see my previous post) ended last week, so I want to inform you about our participation. We presented there our Linux powered Palms. And a lot of people were interested. It was a small exhibition, but we spoke nearly all the time with some visitors. And we even installed Linux on several Palms of our visitors. Well, it was fun and I think that it was quite success. Maybe more interesting can be, that because of this I prepared new rootfs, but it's still testing. I know about several bugs which I want to repair before releasing it as a stable. But you can get something on the testing part of my webpages.


Last note - we even convinced Tux to try Palm with Linux ;-) Photo by root.cz

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Miska,

Just a question: is there a
way to know what are the differences between the releases you post on your pages?

Keep up the good work.

|miska| said...

Well, you can mount images locally and use a diff, but it isn't good way. I think, that I'll post some notes once I fix all bugs and release it as a stable. Currently there will be more applications, but I didn't managed Konqueror to work. And there are new icons by z72ka ;-)

zogzog said...

Hi,
can you check the permission, of both last images, I get 403 errors when trying downloading.
I wish I could find your email address,
but this comment will do the job.
I find you do a great work for linux and for the TX..
I use and know both of them, so, how could I help ?

Unknown said...

Thanks.

One thing that would be neat too, is a HOWTO on installing on a partitionned sdcard.

|miska| said...

Sorry, permissions fixed now :-T Installing on partitioned card differs in that matter, that you need to mount it and copy all the files there. Once you done that you don't need initrd anymore. But I think I'll add an option into my initrd to choose between several rootfs as files on the card and partition. It can be usefull to test image before you change your partition. So I'm putting that into my todo list ;-)

Lewis said...

Hi,

I've been running your test releases since last summer. From time to time I've run into a few bugs, but I don't know where/how to report them. Is there a good way to contact you with reports.

Thank you for your efforts.

Lewis

|miska| said...

Well, since our bugzilla isn't working yet, best way to contact me is IRC - irc.freenode.net, channel #hackndev (english) or #hackndev-cz (czech). You can report it here too, but IRC is much better, because I'm very bad in reading/answering comments :-(

SEA said...

Hello |miska|,
I noticed there is new update on testing page (as of April 29), but cannot download - permissions issue again ;-)

|miska| said...

Should be fixed now, sorry. But there were nearly no change, I just accidentally deleted files and had to reupload them. I'm working on image with some bugs fixed. I hope I can release it as "stable" during this weekend.